Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Vaccinations yesterday. Stressful being at the doctor's office with all the germs going around. Todd came with me and waited in the car with Sara and Isaac so they didn't need to wait in the waiting room. Sara got the H1N1 vaccine without mercury. (They gave her the under 3 dose as that was the only mercury-free one they had so it is only half a dose but she is on the small side for her age so hopefully it will help.) Isaac got everything on schedule except the Hep. B. He seemed fine until about 7:00 last night and then cried inconsolably for 3 hours, a high pictched desperate cry. I find the vaccinations very stressful. I don't want them to get the diseases so I want them to get them but then if they were to have a bad reaction it's like "great, I did this to my kid." Isaac seems back to his usual happy self today though.

Now, I am hoping to find the H1N1 vaccine without mercury for myself. Todd thinks I should get it. I am not sure. The doctor's office only has the mercury version. Trying to find out how much mercury from the vaccine ends up in breastmilk. Is it equivalent to eating fish or is it a lot more? The doctor is going to ask another doc who is specializing in heading up the H1N1 for the hospital and also specializes in breastfeeding. You would think they must have done studies on the basic flu shot with the same amount of mercury as the H1N1 but maybe not.

Anyway, after Isaac's reaction last night I am glad I did not get the mercury flu shot. Then I would have been worried the milk would be contributing to his discomfort with the potential egg allergy and mercury.

1 comment:

  1. I guess not back to his usual happy self. This afternoon he has a low-grade fever and is fussy.

    ReplyDelete