Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oofta!

Sara has been into pretending lately. She likes to pretend that I am a little girl and she is one of my friends from my picture book from childhood.

She also likes to pretend that she is the mom and I am her. We were pretending this yesterday and it was actually quite helpful in getting the house clean while entertaining her. Me to Sara: "Mom, I'll help you do the laundry now"; "Mom, will you help me pick up my toys;" "Mom, I'll help you empty the dishwasher." She was much more into helping when she was the mom and I was a pretty efficient 3 1/2 year old.

When Sara was putting the silverware in the drawer she just threw it in haphazardly. Yeah...I do that some times to save time when I am emptying the dishwasher. When she is herself she does a better job of putting the silverware where it should go but I couldn't really complain about her acting like me.

She also asked me, "Do you need to use the potty? You haven't used it for quite awhile." No, I did not. And I could empathize with how she sometimes gets annoyed when I ask her that and how she feels when I tell her she can only have one pretzel right before dinner. Sara cautioned me to be careful with the knives and careful on the stairs. She "read" me picture books. When I was putting Isaac, "my baby brother," to bed I asked "Mom" if she wanted to turn on the white noise machine. She bent over and said, "Oofta." "Oofta? Do I say that?" I caught myself saying it again today when I was lifting something, "Oofta!"

No comments:

Post a Comment